* lost keys on tty gnu emacs (emacs-nw)
@ 2012-02-14 21:37 S Jacome
From: S Jacome @ 2012-02-14 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello, I used emacs for many years now. I always have one in my
computer, but lately I've been taking all my emacs work to xemacs..
which is fine, but the day might come when there's a need for good ol'
emacs.. that's taken a 1-way trip I'm afraid, and no-one to blame but
me. If it doesn't come back I may have to kill the computer, so I
thought someone here could read this and just hope it is known what
could take the feeling out of this thing. Ok so, I was trying to install
pulseaudio and compiz on my slackware distribution.. I 'upgraded' and
replaced a lot of packages, one of which is a keyboard packae which I
have not been able to find. Now xemacs still works, but if anyone knows
reason that keyboard is dead on emacs. I still have vt switching, other
than that I have to kill it from other login. (and the lights still
blinking)
I'm pretty sure it was the upgrade of the keyboard lib but could not
find it doing ldconfig -XN | grep nor ldd /usr/bin/emacs
thanks
p.s. I have reinstalled emacs but didn't change nothing
p.s. my system's x86, slackware 13.37, emacs latest version, you have to
be on Linux

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-02-14 21:37 UTC | newest]