* Emacs and Flyspell
@ 2010-12-01 17:59 Lorenzo Isella
From: Lorenzo Isella @ 2010-12-01 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear All,
I am currently using emacs+auctes+flyspell to edit my latex documents
and I am pretty happy with it.
In particular, I like flyspell as it highlights my mistakes in English.
However, from time to time I happen to edit documents in French or
Italian and I would like flyspell not to spell check my words in
English, or rather to check my spelling in the right language.
I am running emacs on debian squeeze and I added the following lines to
my .emacs file

    (autoload 'flyspell-babel-setup "flyspell-babel")
    (add-hook 'latex-mode-hook 'flyspell-babel-setup)
;;

(require 'ispell-multi)

    (setq ispell-program-name "aspell")
    (setq ispell-really-aspell t)
    (setq ispell-extra-args '("--sug-mode=fast"))

and copied the files flyspell-babel.el,  ispell-multi.el to
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ , where the .el files can be found at

http://www.dur.ac.uk/p.j.heslin/Software/Emacs/

Unfortunately, when I edit e.g. a latex Document in Italian, flyspell
marks every word in red and does not understand that it should check
them against an Italian dictionary.
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Lorenzo

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-12-01 17:59 UTC | newest]