* How make "compile" and "next-error" output not create a *NEW* window?
@ 2008-12-14 22:29 seberino
From: seberino @ 2008-12-14 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

compile and next-error (when you click on compile's error output)
both want to create a new window for the output.

How prevent that so output appears in current window?

cs

* Re: How make "compile" and "next-error" output not create a *NEW* window?
@ 2008-12-15 13:25 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-12-15 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"seberino@spawar.navy.mil" <seberino@spawar.navy.mil> writes:

> compile and next-error (when you click on compile's error output)
> both want to create a new window for the output.
>
> How prevent that so output appears in current window?
>
> cs

I'm not sure what you mean. What "current output"? When you click on an
error it normally takes you to the error location in the existing source
buffer.

--
 important and urgent problems of the technology of today are no longer the satisfactions of the primary needs or of archetypal wishes, but the reparation of the evils and damages by the technology of yesterday.  ~Dennis Gabor, Innovations:  Scientific, Technological and Social, 1970

* Re: How make "compile" and "next-error" output not create a *NEW* window?
@ 2008-12-16 10:06 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2008-12-16 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

 > compile and next-error (when you click on compile's error output)
 > both want to create a new window for the output.
 >
 > How prevent that so output appears in current window?

You could try customizing `pop-up-windows' to nil.

martin