* Can priority of interpreter-mode-alist over auto-mode-alist be  changed?
@ 2008-03-27 12:42 skuhagen
       [not found] ` <mailman.9538.1206702847.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: skuhagen @ 2008-03-27 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello all

Sorry for posting twice (here and comp.emacs), I wasn't aware of this
group...

I have a very annoying problem with auto-mode. When editing Tcl-
Files,
 which often start with

#!/bin/sh
 #\
 exec tclsh "$0" "$@"

Emacs goes into shell-script-mode instead of Tcl-mode, although the
 filename ends with .tcl.
 As far as I understand the documentation, the reason is, that
 interpreter-mode-alist is searched
 for the interpreter given in the first line, and if one is found,
the
 mode-setting from the filename
 is ignored. I don't want to change interpreter-mode-alist, but I
want
 to have the mode by filename
 have priority over mode by first line of file. Is this possible?

TIA, regards
 Stephan