* Crash when starting an external process
@ 2007-07-24 20:27 Robert Woodworth
From: Robert Woodworth @ 2007-07-24 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Help!

Ubuntu 7.04

My emacs is suddenly crashing every time I start an external process.
I've tried "shell" "compile" "gdb" etc...
The entire emacs process crashes with an "exit normally" return.  ??

Just for kicks, I uninstalled the Ubuntu dpkg and re-installed it.  -no fix-
I also uninstalled the dpkg and compiled emacs 22.1 from source and *HAD
THE SAME PROBLEM*

So....
I must have a link, env var or some other system thing wrong.

What debug items can I turn on so that I know what is happening when I
try to start an external process??