Hi Jean, thanks for help I installed the new version 2.11 and deleted the version 2.10 I opened a text file and wanted to print it with M-x rcd-paps-buffer-to-pdf-view RET it gave me the answer Symbol’s function definition is void: rcd-paps-process-buffer and in the menu until now there is no change. The new more detailed options for printing (AFAIU) did never appear. I don't know where the problem lies??? So I didn't to the point of customizing rcd-utilities yet. Kind regards Gottfried Am 01.01.23 um 00:46 schrieb Jean Louis: > Look at GNU/Emacs TUTORIAL generated by using RCD Paps package as PDF file: > https://gnu.support/files/emacs/packages/rcd-paps/2023-01-01-02:42:51.pdf > > Here are instructions how to customize headers and footer: > https://github.com/dov/paps/issues/30 > > They all take a string that is based on python f-strings. I have > defined the following variable that may be used in the definitions of > the headers: > > path - The complete path of the file being printed > filename - The basename (without directory) of the file being printed > mtime - The file's modification time > now - The current time > num_pages - The total number of pages in the document > page_idx - The current page being printed > > Here is an example of how it may be used: > > paps --header-left="{now:%Y-%m-%d %H:%M}" --header-center="{filename}" --header-right="Page {page_idx:02d}/{num_pages:02d}" --header -o hello.pdf paps.cc > > I will work on easier customization of header and footer. > > It is so important to be able to generate PDF files for even simple text. > > --