Gary Wessle wrote: > Hi > > in my .emacs I have > > (custom-set-variables > ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it! > ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance. > '(column-number-mode t) > '(winner-mode t) > '(default-major-mode (quote text-mode)) > ... > > and the list goes on. > notice that I edited the above section by adding the line > '(winner-mode t) > > is that correct in order to turn this mode on by default? I think it should be: (winner-mode 1) and there's no reason to put it in custom-set-variables Matthew Flaschen