Drew Adams wrote: >> apropos only searches interactive functions (those that can be called >> by M-x) by default... but if you give it a parameter: >> C-u C-h a point >> (I just discovered this myself by: C-h f apropos) >> Looks like what you're looking for is point-at-bol and point-at-eol: > > Absolutely untrue. `C-h f apropos' gives this: Yes, but C-h f apropros-command gives: Show commands (interactively callable functions) that match APROPOS-REGEXP. With optional prefix DO-ALL, or if `apropos-do-all' is non-nil, also show noninteractive functions. > Do not confuse `C-h a', which is bound to command `apropos-command', with > command `apropos'. There are other apropos commands as well: `C-h a > apropos'. Thanks, I never noticed that. I just rebound C-h a to apropos. Matthew Flaschen