Eric Eide wrote: > "Matthew" == Matthew Flaschen writes: > > Matthew> I am trying to figure out how to create a new function that > Matthew> will scroll up a screen if possible, or go the beginning of > Matthew> the buffer otherwise; I would then bind this to M-v. > Matthew> Ultimately, I want to have the corollary behavior for C-v. > > If you want an Emacs add-on that does this (and much more), you might try: > > http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/emacs/scroll-in-place.el.gz > > Eric. > Sometimes I think it's impossible to do anything in emacs without reinventing the wheel. ;) However, the package seems a bit hefty, given that the emacs scrolling behavior (after my adjustment) doesn't really bother me. I'll hold off installing it for now, but may do so later. Thanks, Matt