* emacs and php
@ 2006-12-19 12:15 Cezar
From: Cezar @ 2006-12-19 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

  I recently got interested in PHP and I would like to use emacs for
  writing PHP code. Currently I am using nxml-mode for xhtml stuff and
  I love it. I've tried using php-mode for xhtml+php (mixing code) and
  it doesn't play nice.

  I would like to know if anyone is using emacs to write php code and
  care to share some ideas/customizations/experience/etc.

Best regards,
Cezar

* Re: emacs and php
@ 2006-12-19 13:16 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2006-12-19 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Cezar wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I recently got interested in PHP and I would like to use emacs for
>   writing PHP code. Currently I am using nxml-mode for xhtml stuff and
>   I love it. I've tried using php-mode for xhtml+php (mixing code) and
>   it doesn't play nice.
>
>   I would like to know if anyone is using emacs to write php code and
>   care to share some ideas/customizations/experience/etc.
>
> Best regards,
> Cezar

I have tried a little bit, but not very much. What are you trying to do?

* Re: emacs and php
@ 2006-12-19 14:27   ` Cezar
From: Cezar @ 2006-12-19 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se> writes:

> Cezar wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>   I recently got interested in PHP and I would like to use emacs for
>>   writing PHP code. Currently I am using nxml-mode for xhtml stuff and
>>   I love it. I've tried using php-mode for xhtml+php (mixing code) and
>>   it doesn't play nice.
>>
>>   I would like to know if anyone is using emacs to write php code and
>>   care to share some ideas/customizations/experience/etc.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Cezar
>>

> I have tried a little bit, but not very much. What are you trying to do?

I would like to keep the nxml-mode's way of doing thing with xhtml and
be able to integrate PHP code into the xhtml code without nxml-mode
complaining about it and also make use of the varius php-mode
features.