* Re: Lock buffer to window
@ 2006-09-11 12:28 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2006-09-11 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Did you try `set-window-dedicated-p'?

* Lock buffer to window
@ 2007-05-23 19:14 Nikolaj Fogh
       [not found] ` <mailman.1165.1180017190.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Nikolaj Fogh @ 2007-05-23 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any way of locking a specific buffer to a
window it emacs, so that that window never changes buffer. I have some
trouble when I edit a LaTeX document and compile it, the compilation
buffer overrides my reftex-toc buffer.

thanks,
   Nikolaj Fogh

[parent not found: <mailman.6613.1157699819.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* Lock buffer to window
@ 2006-09-08  7:16 henning
From: henning @ 2006-09-08  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

When using dired or rdired (from ESS) I sometimes want to keep a buffer in a
certain window. However, commands such as e.g. 'man' might change the buffer
in that window. Is there a way to dedicate a window to a particular buffer
so that that window becomes invisible to commands that request a window for
showing output? calculator is another such example where I obviously dont
want the man page to show up in the tiny window created by the calculator
command.

Thanks for any tips,

Henning
Sent from the Emacs - Help forum at Nabble.com.