* pasting into emacs over ssh -X
@ 2006-08-21 16:59 Ryan Moszynski
From: Ryan Moszynski @ 2006-08-21 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

i use emacs in X mode using ssh -X, and I can't past into/out of
emacs.  I use FC4/gnome.  I also have a user that uses secureCRT in
windows and uses something like -X, and he has the same problem.

i've tried putting the next couple of lines in my .emacs.  they work
as long as you are using the same machine, but not if you are (ssh
-X)ing.
(mouse-wheel-mode t)
(setq x-select-enable-clipboard t)
(setq interprogram-paste-function 'x-cut-buffer-or-selection-value)

A solution to this would be a HUGE timesaver, and do away with countless scp's.

thanks, ryan