* Is it possible to make the speed bar to always be displayed on top?
@ 2006-05-21  8:49 pir
From: pir @ 2006-05-21  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

After I used Visual Studio to do some stuff I really missed its filehearchy.
But that was the only thing I missed. So I was very happy when I found out
that Emacs has the speedbar. But the problem is that I use many windows and
the speedbar is quickly buried behind a lot of windows. So I think the
speedbar loose a lot of the speed when the user needs to click to find the
speedbar behind all the windows.

So, my question is:
Is there someway to make the speedbar to always display itlsef ontop of all
other windows when it is expaned? So it wont be hidden behind windows...

And I also wonder if there are someone who knows if there are some addon
that adds automatic indentation for openGL code.

/pir
Sent from the Emacs - Help forum at Nabble.com.

* Re: Is it possible to make the speed bar to always be displayed on top?
@ 2006-05-21  9:52 ` Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2006-05-21  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Help-gnu-emacs

pir <pirwrange@hotmail.com> writes:

> Is there someway to make the speedbar to always display itlsef ontop of all
> other windows when it is expaned? So it wont be hidden behind windows...

That sounds like a operating system and window manger, rather than an emacs, issue.

Roger

* Re: Is it possible to make the speed bar to always be displayed on top?
@ 2006-05-21 15:01   ` pir
From: pir @ 2006-05-21 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Sure, but some programs have this as a option. It was a while since I used
ICQ, but when I used it there was a option that made the ICQ window float on
top over all other windows. That is exactly the functionality I'm wondering
about. I don't know much about operating systems, but I suppose there are
priority parameters that tell in which order frames should be displayed or
something like that. But maybe it's not possible in emacs... too bad.