* elisp help needed
@ 2006-03-01 16:58 Robert D. Crawford
From: Robert D. Crawford @ 2006-03-01 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have the following lines in my .emacs file:

(remove-hook 'w3m-after-cursor-move-hook
     #'w3m-print-this-url)

and for some reason, to get it to eval I have to do it by hand every
time I restart emacs.  I *think* this might be the only code that is not
being evaled, but I do not know any way to be certain.  I know that
there are things below this line that are being correctly evaled.  All
the code in the customize section seems to be ok, and I have a function
that byte-compiles .el files when they are saved that works.

Is there some way to know what is being evaled?

Thanks,

rdc

--
<========================================================================>
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

Q:	How many IBM 370's does it take to execute a job?
A:	Four, three to hold it down, and one to rip its head off.
<========================================================================>

* Elisp help needed
@ 2003-11-26 22:59 Tassilo Horn
       [not found] ` <mailman.693.1069918173.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2003-11-26 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I need some help with Elisp. I want to configure Gnus to my needs and
therefore wrote an Elisp function which should fetch the From-line of
mails I wanna send. With the From-line it should decide which
smtp-server the mail should be send through.
My code is:

(defun fs-change-smtp ()
  "Change the SMTP server according to the current from line."
  (save-excursion
    (let ((from
	   (save-restriction
	     (message-narrow-to-headers)
	     (message-fetch-field "from"))))
      (cond
       ((string-match from "heimdall@uni-koblenz.de")
	(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "mailhost.uni-koblenz.de"))
       ((string-match from "tassilo.horn@freenet.de")
	(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "mx.freenet.de"))
       ((string-match from "tassilo.horn@gmx.de")
	(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "mail.gmx.de"))
       (t
	(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "mailhost.uni-koblenz.de"))))))
(add-hook 'message-send-hook 'fs-change-smtp)

But this doesn't work correctly. Always the default of the cond is
taken, even the From-line is another mail address (gmx or freenet). So I
think that the variable from has the wrong content.

Does anybody find the bug?
Or does anyone have another solution for my problem?

Much thanks in advance,
Tassilo

--
"I dunno - the guy who wrote the mouse driver in Windows systems was a
 genius. Ever noticed that the mouse can still work when the whole OS