* window-line and window-column
@ 2005-10-07 22:44 rgb
From: rgb @ 2005-10-07 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

How can I tell where, within the current window, I am.

Is there any way to tell what window line I'm currently on?  Even if I
use move-to-window-line and it's successful I may not actually be on
that line when it returns.  But realistically, I need to know what line
I'm on without moving and I don't see how I can tell.

I can't seem to fine a way to tell what window column I'm in either.
It seems I could probably use (window-width), (current-column) and
truncate-lines to figure it out but comments about popup-ruler on the
wiki make me think such a formula wouldn't be accurate.