* user-mail-address adds from, not replace
@ 2004-08-21  4:05 MattR
From: MattR @ 2004-08-21  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm moving from emacs 20.7.1 with VM to 21.3.1 with the corresponding
VM. On the older system I set mail-default-reply-to and
user-mail-address to my desired email address, send mail from vm, and
the mail looks like it's coming from my isp. On the newer emacs (stock
from suse 9.1) it doesn't work.  I looked and the headers on the older
version have, at the end

   From: <rosing@myisp.com>
   To: rosing@myisp.com
   Subject: from 2.20
   Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:47:43 -0600

and the headers on the new version have

   From: rosing@quack.homenet (Matt)

   From: Matt <rosing@myisp.com>
   Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:04:05 -0600
   To: rosing@myisp.com
   Subject: default headers

It looks like the new version added the results from  user-mail-address
but put it after the default for my machine (quack.homenet). Rmail does
the same thing. My isp reads the first from line and rejects the mail as
spam.  What do I do?

thanks,

Matt