* font-lock-keyword
@ 2004-07-20 20:30 Randy Haddox
From: Randy Haddox @ 2004-07-20 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to set up a custom .emacs function that will assign
individual foreground colors to a list of keywords.

For example, I'd like to find the keywords "include", "define", and
"assign" in a file and change their foreground colors to "green",
"blue", and "purple" respectively.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy

* Re: font-lock-keyword
       [not found] <mailman.797.1090355649.1960.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-07-20 22:04 ` Sandip Chitale
From: Sandip Chitale @ 2004-07-20 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Randy Haddox" <randal.haddox@us.army.mil> wrote in message
> I am trying to set up a custom .emacs function that will assign
> individual foreground colors to a list of keywords.
>
> For example, I'd like to find the keywords "include", "define", and
> "assign" in a file and change their foreground colors to "green",
> "blue", and "purple" respectively.
>

> Any help would be much appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
> Randy

M-x describe-function RET font-lock-add-keywords RET

* Re: font-lock-keyword
@ 2004-07-21  4:16 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2004-07-21  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Randy Haddox <randal.haddox@us.army.mil>
> Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:30:54 -0500
>
> I am trying to set up a custom .emacs function that will assign
> individual foreground colors to a list of keywords.
>
> For example, I'd like to find the keywords "include", "define", and
> "assign" in a file and change their foreground colors to "green",
> "blue", and "purple" respectively.

"C-h f hi-lock-mode RET" should tell you what to do.