* Infinite Multiline replacement problem
@ 2004-06-27  7:17 Ding Lei
From: Ding Lei @ 2004-06-27  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list,
  I tried to use regexp replace to do a multiline replacement, but
Emacs replaces one occurrence again and again (infinite) ...
Here's the regexp I use,
Replace: \*/[Ctrl-q][Ctrl-j]public void final
With: *@ejb.persistence[Ctrl-q][Ctrl-j]*/[Ctrl-q][Ctrl-j]public void final

As you could see, what I want to do is insert an additional "@ejb.persistence" string
before the line "*/". But emacs always replaces the first occurrence,
and the result is that numerous "*@ejb.persistence" string is inserted
until *deadlock*.

Thank you.

--
Yours,

 || Ext: 8106                            ||
 || Email: <dinglei [A] ipanel [O] cn>   ||
 || Dept. Of Technology/Engineering      ||
 || Embedded Internet Solutions Inc.     ||

[parent not found: <mailman.2315.1088539167.1953.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]