* Re: Paragraph indent in LaTeX-mode?
       [not found] <Pine.GSO.4.60.0406232345200.28814@jnyahg.pp.pbyhzovn.rqh>
@ 2004-06-25 18:02 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2004-06-25 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Edgar Bergen wrote:
 > In my .emacs, I load paragraph-indent-minor-mode in a text-mode hook. I'd
 > like to be able to do the same for LaTeX-mode (it makes reading easier),
 > but the mode doesn't end up being loaded (fill-paragraph treats the
 > indentation as a fill prefix, and describe-mode doesn't list
 > paragraph-indent-minor...).
 >
 > (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
 >           (lambda ()
 >             (outline-minor-mode)
 >             (paragraph-indent-minor-mode)
 >             ))
 >
 > Sadly, I'm ignorant of Emacs Lisp, so maybe I'm missing something obvious
 > here. Is anyone using paragraph indenting successfully in LaTeX-mode, who
 > can give me a pointer?

`C-h f LaTex-mode' explains:
| Entering Latex mode runs the hook `text-mode-hook', then
| `tex-mode-hook', and finally `latex-mode-hook'.

So you shouldn't need to add paragraph-indent-mode to any other hooks.

Also, note that the hook is called latex-mode-hook, not LaTeX-mode-hook.

Finally, if you want to turn a minor mode on, call it with a positive
argument.  If you don't specify an argument (as above), the mode is
toggled and thus will be turned off if it happened to be on already.

--
Kevin Rodgers

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-06-25 18:02 UTC | newest]