* Aspell and Emacs
@ 2004-01-28  3:06 Chris Swoyer
From: Chris Swoyer @ 2004-01-28  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just downloaded and installed cocoAspell 1.4.1. I am using
enhanced carbon emacs (under Mac's OS 10.3.2).

1. what do I need to insert in my .emacs file so Emacs will use
    Aspell (when I installed things I moved a file called
    Spelling.prefPane to the  "PreferencePanes" subfolder of
    /Library -- but it didn't yield a file named Aspell or the
    like.

  2. Do I need to add anything to get Aspell to work from the
    command menu for LaTeX (at present I have the following line,
    which came with the set-up:

  (list "Spell" "<ignored>" 'TeX-run-ispell-on-document nil nil)

---

Thanks,
CS

* aspell and emacs
@ 2004-12-31  9:28 Neon Absentius
From: Neon Absentius @ 2004-12-31  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I know that by setting

(setq ispell-program-name "aspell")

emacs uses the aspell program instead of ispell. I don't know however
how to make emacs aware of a new dictionary. Specifically I just
installed the greek aspell dictionary and I have no idea how to
make emacs aware of the fact.

Any help and/or pointing to specific documentation will be greatly
appreciated.

--
Charity in capitalism is like urinating to extinguish a forest fire.
    -- Neon Absentius