* "Intelligent" non-proportional font
@ 2005-06-01 10:01 Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2005-06-01 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Could someone tell me the name of an "intelligent" font,
i.e. (following my definition) a font where the number `1'
("one") is differently written than the letter `l' ("elle")?
That's the only problem I have with the current "Courrier New"
I've got on my PC.

I'm searching for such one in my Emacs (on Windows), but *not
proportional* (and, if fact, as closest as possible to Courrier
New).

It could/should be one like the one shown on a sample of SLIME's
use; see:

    http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/images/more-slime.png

Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: "Intelligent" non-proportional font
@ 2005-06-01 10:54 Roberto Huelga
From: Roberto Huelga @ 2005-06-01 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ewgeocaufsfb

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 12:01 +0200, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could someone tell me the name of an "intelligent" font,
> i.e. (following my definition) a font where the number `1'
> ("one") is differently written than the letter `l' ("elle")?
> That's the only problem I have with the current "Courrier New"
> I've got on my PC.
>
> I'm searching for such one in my Emacs (on Windows), but *not
> proportional* (and, if fact, as closest as possible to Courrier
> New).
>
> It could/should be one like the one shown on a sample of SLIME's
> use; see:

What's the best font, it's very personaly. For me it's the BitStream
Vera Sans Mono.
Here you have a realy good reviews http://www.lowing.org/fonts/ with a
22 top ranking.

--