* xml indenting again (sgml-mode broken???)
@ 2003-06-04  0:35 Bjoern
From: Bjoern @ 2003-06-04  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

*SIGH* - now that I've upgraded to emacs 21.3 (Win32) from 21.2,
html/xml-indenting appears to be broken again (not indenting, just
inserting LOADS of whitespace everywhere). I searched the ng archives
and found old answers to a similiar request of mine. I think back then I
downloaded a new version of sgml-mode and replaced the one that comes
with emacs. However, now sgml-mode doesn't recognise comments in my
xml-files anymore, and it complains about unmatched tags, because I have
something like

   <!-- servlet>
	</servlet>
  </servlet-mapping -->

in my file.

I tried copying the sgml-mode.el from my old emacs installation, but it
didn't work, either (I also byte-compiled it).

What can I do now? I don't want to use psgml because of the pestering
for DTDs.

I also need to look for a mode that can handle jsp-Files well, so
recommendations for that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Bjoern