* binding key for tags command
@ 2003-04-30  5:35 Seong-Kook Shin
From: Seong-Kook Shin @ 2003-04-30  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I use tag command heavily, espcially "M-.", "C-u M-.", and "C-u - M-.".
And I want to change the 2nd and the 3rd to other key combination since
it's too time consuming to press those keys.

But the problem is that there is no specific funtion matching
"C-u M-." and "C-u - M-.". I realize those commands actually pass
some argument to find-tag lisp function, but I'm not familar to lisp.

All I want is:

  - I want to use "M-[" for "C-u M-.", and
  - I want to use "M-]" for "C-u - M-."

Of course, I tried to use global-set-key function but failed since those
commands are not real function.

Is there anyone who can enlighten me? ;-)

* Re: binding key for tags command
@ 2003-04-30 17:59 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-04-30 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Seong-Kook Shin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use tag command heavily, espcially "M-.", "C-u M-.", and "C-u - M-.".
> And I want to change the 2nd and the 3rd to other key combination since
> it's too time consuming to press those keys.
>
> But the problem is that there is no specific funtion matching
> "C-u M-." and "C-u - M-.". I realize those commands actually pass
> some argument to find-tag lisp function, but I'm not familar to lisp.
>
> All I want is:
>
>   - I want to use "M-[" for "C-u M-.", and
>   - I want to use "M-]" for "C-u - M-."
>
> Of course, I tried to use global-set-key function but failed since those
> commands are not real function.

Define a keyboard macro, name it, save it in your ~/.emacs file, and then

bind your shortcut to it.  See the "Keyboard Macros" node of the Emacs manual.