* End of file during parsing
@ 2024-08-01 14:55 Arthur Alinovi
From: Arthur Alinovi @ 2024-08-01 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In trying to move/rename a file in dired I get "end of file during
parsing".

From what I've read I should then use parens-mode to track down an
unmatched parentheses.

Regretably, I'm not quite sure how this is supposed to work. Having
invoked parens-mode am I then supposed to tab thru each parentheses in
my entire init.el file looking for the unmatched one?

There has to be an easier way.

Any hint would be appreciated.

Thank you

Arthur

* End of file during parsing
@ 2024-08-02 13:34 Arthur Alinovi
From: Arthur Alinovi @ 2024-08-02 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

My thanks to Steve Berman, Thibaut Verron and Tassilo Horn for taking
the time to assist me with my problem. Apparently, my difficulty was
related to a bit of code in my init.el file:

(use-package async
  :ensure t
  :init (dired-async-mode 1))

This stems from my bad habit of copying and pasting bits of code I find
on-line without having any idea what they do or if I even need them.

Thanks again

Arthur