From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev <nikolay.kudryavtsev@gmail.com>
To: Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Strategies for Composable Modular Configuration?
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 14:19:03 +0300	[thread overview]

I'm not sure that I fully understand what you're suggesting... I've been
a casual Nixos user for years and even contribute from time to time, but
nothing made me really care about flakes. So to try and explain this in
a more practical manner, it's something like this:

There's a portal lets say emacs-tweaks.gnu.org. It operates much the
same way as a package repository, but the contents of it are not
features(packages), but tweaks(flakes, pedals, whatever). The difference
between a feature and a tweak is roughly that features implement new
behavior, while tweaks just modify existing features to some requirement.

Your definition of tweaks also does not allow for composition. Which
means that most of them are limited to a single feature, which IMHO is
not going to provide much ROI either. Because most of those tweaks are
going to be isolated single variable tweaks and that's not where the
problem lies. It's also not going to fully take over most of the
configuration needs because you can't re-implement Spacemacs(on Doom,
whatever) using such a limited system.

Correct me if I misunderstood anything.