* hiding sudo password in emacs shell
@ 2004-11-11 19:37 Manish Godara
From: Manish Godara @ 2004-11-11 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

How can I hide the password for sudo commands executed
in the shell (in emacs)?  Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
manish

* Re: hiding sudo password in emacs shell
       [not found] <mailman.2187.1100202405.8225.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-11-11 22:31 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2004-11-11 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Manish Godara wrote:
 > How can I hide the password for sudo commands executed
 > in the shell (in emacs)?  Any help is appreciated.

Does this work:

(add-hook 'comint-output-filter-functions 'comint-watch-for-password-prompt)

--
Kevin Rodgers

@ 2004-11-24 14:01 ` Piet van Oostrum
From: Piet van Oostrum @ 2004-11-24 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)