* Calling require with hyphened features
@ 2024-08-06 12:56 Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-08-06 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

Does emacs allow calling "require" for features that are hyphened,
such as with

(require 'lumi-prevo)

* Re: Calling require with hyphened features
@ 2024-08-06 14:32 ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2024-08-06 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime; +Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

On Tue, Aug 06 2024, Heime wrote:
> Does emacs allow calling "require" for features that are hyphened,
> such as with
>
> (require 'lumi-prevo)

Not sure what your question is about, really, but a hyphen is a valid character
of a symbol (name), so you can have feature names with a hyphen. In which case
it's valid to require them.

Tip: why not just try for yourself and see what happens? Or if you have, post
the actual problem you're dealing with.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

* Calling require with hyphened features
@ 2024-08-06 14:44   ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-08-06 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joost Kremers; +Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

On Wednesday, August 7th, 2024 at 2:32 AM, Joost Kremers <joostkremers@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 06 2024, Heime wrote:
>
> > Does emacs allow calling "require" for features that are hyphened,
> > such as with
> >
> > (require 'lumi-prevo)
>

> Not sure what your question is about, really, but a hyphen is a valid character
> of a symbol (name), so you can have feature names with a hyphen. In which case
> it's valid to require them.
>
> Tip: why not just try for yourself and see what happens? Or if you have, post
> the actual problem you're dealing with.

I do have a problem with the require.  So it must be something else, I just
wanted to be sure.   The likely failure is not finding the correct path for
the feature I require.  I am quite sure of this now.