To reply to myself it seems that the sort only works if fancy display set up as well. So its now working. Graham On 17/01/07, Graham Smith wrote: > > using Emacs 22.0.92.1 on Winxp I am trying to sort diary entries using > > (add-hook 'list-diary-entries-hook 'sort-diary-entries t) > > > as suggested on the diary wiki. > > However, it is making no difference. > > Does it depend on some other code. > Just in case it matters I also have a line added to .emacs to > > specify european date format. > > Can anyone suggest something I could try? > > Many thanks, > > BTW sorry about the font, Gmail seems to have decided > to misbehave and I can't fix it. > > >