* Tab key broken
@ 2003-01-29 20:25 the_tick
From: the_tick @ 2003-01-29 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am running emacs 21.1.1, and my tab key does not work in it. I'm running
this on a apple iBook, running os x 10.2.3. I push tab, and nothing happens
at all. I push tab in other applications, and it works fine. Also, my
delete key did not work, no backspace on the iBook. I fixed this with a
.emacs file that has this in it:

(define-key global-map "\C-h" 'backward-delete-char)

This fixed it. How would I make this a global file for all users.. and how
would I go about fixing the issue with tab? Any help is very appreciated.

Chris

http://mail2web.com/ .

* Re: Tab key broken
       [not found] <mailman.1133.1043871941.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-01-30  8:14 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-01-30  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

"the_tick@brok3n.org" <the_tick@brok3n.org> writes:

> I am running emacs 21.1.1, and my tab key does not work in it. I'm
> running this on a apple iBook, running os x 10.2.3. I push tab, and
> nothing happens at all.

By default, TAB does syntax-driven indentation in Emacs.  Maybe the
line was correctly indented already?
--
Ambibibentists unite!