* [weblogger.el] Sending raw HTML to wordpress using weblogger.el
@ 2009-07-27  5:15 FFighter
From: FFighter @ 2009-07-27  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello group!

I've installed weblogger 1.2 and could set it up and post to my
wordpress blog. The issue, however, is that every HTML tag is escaped,
and I can't format any of my text. For example, when I do M-x
weblogger-start-entry, I get this in a buffer:

Subject: Test post
From: admin
Newsgroup: My blog
--text follows this line--

<strong>This should be bold</strong>

When I press C-c C-c to save it as a draft and go to wordpress to
check what is there, I see this in raw HTML mode:

&lt;strong&gt;This should be bold&lt;/strong&gt;

I have searched everywhere but couldn't find a way to set it up so
that these tags would not be escaped. Not sure when it happens -- if
it is emacs/weblogger's fault or wordpress' fault. I simply want to
post it as raw HTML, so that I have control over formatting from
emacs.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Thanks,

Marcelo.

* Re: Sending raw HTML to wordpress using weblogger.el
@ 2009-07-30  9:46 ` Giovanni Lanzani
From: Giovanni Lanzani @ 2009-07-30  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jul 27, 7:15 am, FFighter <celose...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello group!
>
> I've installed weblogger 1.2 and could set it up and post to my
> wordpress blog. The issue, however, is that every HTML tag is escaped,
> and I can't format any of my text. For example, when I do M-x
> weblogger-start-entry, I get this in a buffer:
>
> Subject: Test post
> From: admin
> Newsgroup: My blog
> --text follows this line--
>
> <strong>This should be bold</strong>
>
> When I press C-c C-c to save it as a draft and go to wordpress to
> check what is there, I see this in raw HTML mode:
>
> &lt;strong&gt;This should be bold&lt;/strong&gt;
>
> I have searched everywhere but couldn't find a way to set it up so
> that these tags would not be escaped. Not sure when it happens -- if
> it is emacs/weblogger's fault or wordpress' fault. I simply want to
> post it as raw HTML, so that I have control over formatting from
> emacs.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcelo.

I have the same problem with Aquamacs, but not with Carbon Emacs, but
I still have to figure out why it is happening. I'll let you know if
I'll find out.

Giovanni

* Re: Sending raw HTML to wordpress using weblogger.el
@ 2009-07-30 14:33   ` Giovanni Lanzani
From: Giovanni Lanzani @ 2009-07-30 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jul 30, 11:46 am, Giovanni Lanzani <ulisses...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 27, 7:15 am, FFighter <celose...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello group!
>
> > I've installed weblogger 1.2 and could set it up and post to my
> > wordpress blog. The issue, however, is that every HTML tag is escaped,
> > and I can't format any of my text. For example, when I do M-x
> > weblogger-start-entry, I get this in a buffer:
>
> > Subject: Test post
> > From: admin
> > Newsgroup: My blog
> > --text follows this line--
>
> > <strong>This should be bold</strong>
>
> > When I press C-c C-c to save it as a draft and go to wordpress to
> > check what is there, I see this in raw HTML mode:
>
> > &lt;strong&gt;This should be bold&lt;/strong&gt;
>
> > I have searched everywhere but couldn't find a way to set it up so
> > that these tags would not be escaped. Not sure when it happens -- if
> > it is emacs/weblogger's fault or wordpress' fault. I simply want to
> > post it as raw HTML, so that I have control over formatting from
> > emacs.
>
> > Any suggestions appreciated,

I found the problem (but not the solution). With Emacs 22.3 this does
not happend, only with >23 (included 23.1). Probably it is a problem
where the developer should look into.

* Re: Sending raw HTML to wordpress using weblogger.el
@ 2009-07-30 17:33     ` FFighter
From: FFighter @ 2009-07-30 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jul 30, 9:33 am, Giovanni Lanzani <ulisses...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 30, 11:46 am, Giovanni Lanzani <ulisses...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 27, 7:15 am, FFighter <celose...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hello group!
>
> > > I've installed weblogger 1.2 and could set it up and post to my
> > >wordpressblog. The issue, however, is that every HTML tag is escaped,
> > > and I can't format any of my text. For example, when I do M-x
> > > weblogger-start-entry, I get this in a buffer:
>
> > > Subject: Test post
> > > From: admin
> > > Newsgroup: My blog
> > > --text follows this line--
>
> > > <strong>This should be bold</strong>
>
> > > When I press C-c C-c to save it as a draft and go towordpressto
> > > check what is there, I see this in raw HTML mode:
>
> > > &lt;strong&gt;This should be bold&lt;/strong&gt;
>
> > > I have searched everywhere but couldn't find a way to set it up so
> > > that these tags would not be escaped. Not sure when it happens -- if
> > > it is emacs/weblogger's fault orwordpress' fault. I simply want to
> > > post it as raw HTML, so that I have control over formatting from
> > > emacs.
>
> > > Any suggestions appreciated,
>
> I found the problem (but not the solution). With Emacs 22.3 this does
> not happend, only with >23 (included 23.1). Probably it is a problem
> where the developer should look into.

Thanks Giovanni. Hoping that the developer will eventually see this
post and correct this bug for emacs 23. Meanwhile, I can either send
from emacs 22 or go directly to the wordpress web interface. I might
try to solve it, but I have no idea where to star (well, my elisp
skills are still weak).

Regards,

Marcelo.