* inline images dont appear afted editing their link of if there is a description,
@ 2022-06-27  8:35 Alexandros Prekates
From: Alexandros Prekates @ 2022-06-27  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Ver: 27.1
Distro: Devuan

Having:
~/.emacs.d/init.el
(setq org-startup-with-inline-images t)

in an org file with the line:
[[file:pathto/fooimage.png]]

Image will appear when i start emacs but if i try to edit the link the
image wont appear after (even with M-x revert-buffer)

Also if my image link is
[[file:pathto/fooimage.png][desc]]
the image wont apper even after starting emams.

Is there a way to alter emacs behavior regarding those two issues?
So that images appear after changing their link and images appear when
there is a description in the link?

Alexnadros

* Re: inline images dont appear afted editing their link of if there is a description,
@ 2022-06-27  9:44 ` Alexandros Prekates
From: Alexandros Prekates @ 2022-06-27  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, 27 Jun 2022 08:35:07 +0000
Alexandros Prekates <aprekates@posteo.net> wrote:

I found some answers be reading org manual more carefully.

First according to org manual images dont have a description part and
have captions.
Also C-c C-x C-v can toggle visibility again if lost when trying to
edit.

So i guess my issues are solved. Except there is a way to automatically
retain image visibility after editing them , That could mean that
images would appean automatically when i compose an image link.