* color-themes don't display the right colors
@ 2008-11-21  0:33 Todd Riley
From: Todd Riley @ 2008-11-21  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I am having a problem with the color-themes with GNU Emacs Version
22.1.  I have the following code in my .emacs file and am able to load
any color-theme I want:

(add-to-list 'load-path "c:/GNU Emacs/site-lisp/color-theme-6.6.0")
(require 'color-theme)
(color-theme-initialize)
(setq color-theme-is-global t)

However, after opening a java file the java generics are not properly
colored.  I know this because I can directly compare with the examples
at
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~maverick/GNUEmacsColorThemeTest/index-java.html .
My emacs color display of the exact same java code does not match the
display on the webpage. It appears that the disparity between the
displays is centered around java generic tags.  Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd

* Re: color-themes don't display the right colors
@ 2008-11-21 16:18 ` Todd Riley
From: Todd Riley @ 2008-11-21 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello again,

I forgot to mention that I'm running GNU Emacs Version 22.1 on Windows
Vista.

@ 2008-11-22  9:28 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2008-11-22  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Todd Riley; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

What color-theme are you trying to use ? Depending on what you
use, colors can be different. Few color-themes are in fact
covering all emacs modes.

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: color-themes don't display the right colors
@ 2008-12-18 22:48   ` Todd Riley
From: Todd Riley @ 2008-12-18 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Maillard; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

I see differences between what I should see and what I actually see for
almost all the color themes.  I have attached two PNGs to illustrate the
difference between what I see in my emacs window with the midnight
color-theme and the display of the same code at

Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What color-theme are you trying to use ? Depending on what you
> use, colors can be different. Few color-themes are in fact
> covering all emacs modes.
>
> 	Xavier

[-- Attachment #2: WhatIActuallySee.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 21304 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: WhatIShouldSee.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 19052 bytes --]

* color-themes don't display the right colors
@ 2008-12-18 23:00 Todd Riley
From: Todd Riley @ 2008-12-18 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs