* emacs does not compile under Fedora 9: Memory exhausted
@ 2008-05-15 23:43 lanas
From: lanas @ 2008-05-15 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-emacs-help

All,

  I've been using the emacs from Savannah for some time now.  It works
very nicely.  Now, I've tried to compile under Fedora 9 x86 and it
won't, the compilation resulting in:

language/thai-word.el:10736:5:Error: Memory exhausted--use C-x s then exit and restart Emacs

make[2]: *** [compile] Error 1

  Now, I would first hand presume that this is related to Fedora 9.  emacs is not running at that moment and the compile process is:

./configure
make bootstrap

  Is there a way to disable Thai (and others not needed by the way)
language support easily at the configure stage ?

Cheers,

Al

* Re: emacs does not compile under Fedora 9: Memory exhausted
       [not found] <mailman.11656.1210895036.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-05-16  5:22 ` Jens Teich
From: Jens Teich @ 2008-05-16  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

found the solution in 'generic-x.el --- A collection of generic modes'

  (list
   (function
    (lambda()
      (setq font-lock-defaults '(generic-font-lock-keywords nil t)))))

Jens

* Re: emacs does not compile under Fedora 9: Memory exhausted
@ 2008-05-16  5:24   ` Jens Teich
From: Jens Teich @ 2008-05-16  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jens Teich <spamtrap@jensteich.de> writes:

sorry, wrong thread

* Re: emacs does not compile under Fedora 9: Memory exhausted
@ 2008-05-16  8:42 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-05-16  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lanas; +Cc: gnu-emacs-help

Am 16.05.2008 um 01:43 schrieb lanas:

> I've been using the emacs from Savannah for some time now.

You should be a bit more specific about this, the exact version
number. Anyway, the best place to report this issue and ask for help
is another mailing list. To reach this choose "Send Bug Report…" from
the Help menu. If the version number in the subject line is wrong,
coming from the working Emacs, then correct it.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?
				- Tom Stoppard

* Re: emacs does not compile under Fedora 9: Memory exhausted
@ 2008-05-16 14:54 ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2008-05-16 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lanas; +Cc: gnu-emacs-help

lanas <lanas@securenet.net> writes:

> All,
>
>   I've been using the emacs from Savannah for some time now.  It works
> very nicely.  Now, I've tried to compile under Fedora 9 x86 and it
> won't, the compilation resulting in:
>
> language/thai-word.el:10736:5:Error: Memory exhausted--use C-x s then exit and restart Emacs
>
> make[2]: *** [compile] Error 1

Hmmm...although this error may have a different source, I got a similar
pure memory error a few weeks ago.  That has since been resolved, but
you might try an earlier version from CVS, or just use Emacs 22 for a
week, after filing a formal bug report, of course ;)

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

Ineffective security measure:

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.