* pclcvs / ssh
@ 2008-02-18 21:22 Pierre Lorenzon
From: Pierre Lorenzon @ 2008-02-18 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

pclcvs crashes when used in conjunction with a ssh access to
the cvs server.

More precisely : I check out a module on a machine C while the
server is on a machine S. Hence the directory containing the
module files is correct all CVS files are present and so
on. When doing cvs up in the corresponding directory (from
console) the password on machine S i asked and when supplied
everything goes well.

Trying same operation within emacs with pclcvs a simply get a
message saying that connection aborted and emacs never require
me for any password.

Reading pclcvs documentation I did not find anything concerning
these authentication processes. Is it simply not supported by
pclcvs or did I miss something ?

Bests

Pierre

* Re: pclcvs / ssh
@ 2008-02-19  2:00 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2008-02-19  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Lorenzon; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

   Reading pclcvs documentation I did not find anything concerning
   these authentication processes. Is it simply not supported by
   pclcvs or did I miss something ?

Maybe you could first tell us on which version of GNU Emacs this
occurs ?

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

From: Xavier Maillard @ 2008-02-19  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Lorenzon; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

@ 2008-02-19  8:12   ` Pierre Lorenzon
From: Pierre Lorenzon @ 2008-02-19  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xma; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

Sorry I forgot this detail but I am currently using emacs 22.

Pierre*

From: Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: pclcvs / ssh
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 03:00:07 +0100
> Hi,
>
>    Reading pclcvs documentation I did not find anything concerning
>    these authentication processes. Is it simply not supported by
>    pclcvs or did I miss something ?
>
> Maybe you could first tell us on which version of GNU Emacs this
> occurs ?
>

> 	Xavier
> --
> http://www.gnu.org
> http://www.april.org
> http://www.lolica.org

* Re: pclcvs / ssh
@ 2008-02-20  2:00     ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2008-02-20  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Lorenzon; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

   Sorry I forgot this detail but I am currently using emacs 22.

Did you try with the -Q switch to see if the problem could come
from your own customisations ? If not, please try and report.

Regards,

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: pclcvs / ssh
@ 2008-02-20  7:28       ` Pierre Lorenzon
From: Pierre Lorenzon @ 2008-02-20  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xma; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

From: Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 03:00:09 +0100

> Hi,
>
>    Sorry I forgot this detail but I am currently using emacs 22.
>
> Did you try with the -Q switch to see if the problem could come
> from your own customisations ? If not, please try and report.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Xavier

	According to your mails I might guess that pclcvs does
	support password authentication through ssh. But is it
	true yes or no ? Can you give a positive answer to this
	simple question ? "Does pclcvs support ssh transactions
	?" If yes I can investigate whatever to understand why
	it does not function on my system ; if not there is no
	need to do anything !

	Pierre

* Re: pclcvs / ssh
@ 2008-02-20  7:32       ` Pierre Lorenzon
From: Pierre Lorenzon @ 2008-02-20  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xma; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

From: Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 03:00:09 +0100

> Hi,
>
>    Sorry I forgot this detail but I am currently using emacs 22.
>
> Did you try with the -Q switch to see if the problem could come
> from your own customisations ? If not, please try and report.

  OK I tried it but not better !

  Pierre

* Re: pclcvs / ssh
@ 2008-02-22  2:00         ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2008-02-22  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Lorenzon; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Pierre,

The short answer is yes.

For more information, you can look at emacswiki which has a page
about way to use it[1]

	Xavier

[1] http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PclCvsTips

From: Xavier Maillard @ 2008-02-22  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Lorenzon; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

   > Did you try with the -Q switch to see if the problem could come
   > from your own customisations ? If not, please try and report.

     OK I tried it but not better !

Any error message ? Also, are you using an exotic operating
system such as Microsoft Windows ?

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: pclcvs / ssh
@ 2008-02-22  7:06           ` Pierre Lorenzon
From: Pierre Lorenzon @ 2008-02-22  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xma; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

From: Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:00:25 +0100

>    > Did you try with the -Q switch to see if the problem could come
>    > from your own customisations ? If not, please try and report.
>
>      OK I tried it but not better !

½Here is the *cvs* buffer content :

      Repository : :ext:root@jabberwocky:/web/srv/sources/cvs
Module     : lorenzon/Mathematique
Working dir: ~/Mathematique/

Message: cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
Message: Connection closed by 192.168.0.5

-- last cmd: cvs -f -n update -d -P --

   This commant issued in the consol works perfectly !

> Any error message ? Also, are you using an exotic operating
> system such as Microsoft Windows ?

  Oh no ! You know, the problem is that pcl cvs never requires
  password. Hence it can not work !

  Pierre