* filling and comments
@ 2007-06-27  9:49 Pierre Lorenzon
From: Pierre Lorenzon @ 2007-06-27  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs, auctex

Hi,

I am surprised by the difference between the behavior of the
fill-region command in modes like emacs-lisp-mode and
latex-mode provided by auctex. Personnaly I'd like that it
works the same way ! If there is something to modify/customize
please tell me !

So what : In emacs-lisp-mode (or Makefile mode or other
programming moddes I think,) when there is a long line starting with
a comment : e.g. ;; and filling the region containing this line
with the fill-region command, the ;; is propagated on all lines
created by the fill command.

In latex-mode, (the line is now starting with %%), and
executing the same command in the same situation, the long line
is broken into smaller ones but the %% is not propagated ! It
means that the short created lines are not commtnted ! and
anyway that's not what I want !

What should I do ?

Regards

Pierre

* Re: filling and comments
@ 2007-06-27 10:16 ` Pierre Lorenzon
From: Pierre Lorenzon @ 2007-06-27 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs, auctex

Sorry ! Simply tell me "read the doc" was the good answer ! The
question is the adaptive-fill-mode value !

Bests

Pierre

* Re: filling and comments
       [not found] <mailman.2678.1182937809.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-06-29 14:44 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2007-06-29 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> In latex-mode, (the line is now starting with %%), and
> executing the same command in the same situation, the long line
> is broken into smaller ones but the %% is not propagated ! It
> means that the short created lines are not commtnted ! and
> anyway that's not what I want !

That sounds like a plain bug.  I haven't tried it with AUCTeX, but with
Emacs-22 and its' default tex-mode, this seems to work correctly, just as in
emacs-lisp-mode.

* Re: filling and comments
@ 2007-06-30 18:42 ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2007-06-30 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Lorenzon; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, auctex

* Pierre Lorenzon (2007-06-27) writes:

> In latex-mode, (the line is now starting with %%), and
> executing the same command in the same situation, the long line
> is broken into smaller ones but the %% is not propagated ! It
> means that the short created lines are not commtnted ! and
> anyway that's not what I want !
>
> What should I do ?

Upgrade to an AUCTeX version that is not prehistoric.  It looks like you
are using 11.14 or earlier.

--
Ralf