* Just one shape cursor please?
@ 2007-05-05 14:46 Tom Horsley
From: Tom Horsley @ 2007-05-05 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

OK, I'm testing fedora core 7, which comes with something it
calls emacs 22.0.95.1, and I've been finding and beating back
the features trying to grow all over me, but one has eluded
me so far: The mouse cursor is making me crazy with its
context sensitive shape changes. How the devil do I get it to
just stay an I-beam anytime I've over a window, and not blink
back and forth from I-beam to arrow just because I happen
to move over a spot in the window with no text?

* Re: Just one shape cursor please?
@ 2007-05-05 16:21 ` Daniel Jensen
From: Daniel Jensen @ 2007-05-05 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@att.net> writes:

> The mouse cursor is making me crazy with its
> context sensitive shape changes. How the devil do I get it to
> just stay an I-beam anytime I've over a window, and not blink
> back and forth from I-beam to arrow just because I happen
> to move over a spot in the window with no text?

Use this in your ~/.emacs:

(setq void-text-area-pointer nil)

* Re: Just one shape cursor please?
@ 2007-05-05 17:11   ` Tom Horsley
From: Tom Horsley @ 2007-05-05 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat, 05 May 2007 18:21:15 +0200
daniel@bigwalter.net (Daniel Jensen) wrote:

> (setq void-text-area-pointer nil)

Ah-HA! I needed to search for mouse.*pointer in the docs, not
mouse.*cursor. Thanks!