* Looking for (fill-paragraph) Like Functions
@ 2006-11-29 10:48 Passer By
From: Passer By @ 2006-11-29 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

My first learned function and loved function of emacs was the M-q but
there are cases where M-q doesn't do exactly what i want and i would
like to make an improved version or find one somewhere.

Here is an example of what i would want my improved (fill-paragraph)
to do.

1) this is a sentence
2) this is another sentence in a list
3) this is a sentence is long i would like to hit M-q now but emacs will not just rap this line it will rap all the lines and that makes me mad
4) this is another line M-q here would be good if it would make all the lines nice up to 1)

I would like my M-q to work for any "bulleted" list like this

so the above when My M-q'ed any place in the list would go to

1) this is a sentence
2) this is another sentence in a list
3) this is a sentence is long i would like to hit M-q now but emacs
   will not just rap this line it will rap all the lines and that
   makes me mad
4) this is another line M-q here would be good if it would make all
   the lines nice up to 1)

instead of this

1) this is a sentence 2) this is another sentence in a list 3) this is
a sentence is long i would like to hit M-q now but emacs will not just
rap this line it will rap all the lines and that makes me mad 4) this
is another line M-q here would be good if it would make all the lines
nice up to 1)

Thanks!