* Jumping to brackets
@ 2006-11-24 18:14 sven.bretfeld
From: sven.bretfeld @ 2006-11-24 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

How can I jump from an opening bracket/brace to the corresponding closing
bracket/brace within Emacs? I want to use this function mainly in
search-and-replace macros for LaTeX documents.

Thanks,
Sven

* Re: Jumping to brackets
@ 2006-11-25  3:11 ` Dieter Wilhelm
From: Dieter Wilhelm @ 2006-11-25  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch writes:

> Hello
>
> How can I jump from an opening bracket/brace to the corresponding closing
> bracket/brace within Emacs? I want to use this function mainly in
> search-and-replace macros for LaTeX documents.

I use C-M-f (forward-sexp) and C-M-b (backward-sexp).

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany

* Re: Jumping to brackets
@ 2006-11-25 10:20 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-11-25 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 24.11.2006 um 19:14 schrieb sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch:

> Hello
>
> How can I jump from an opening bracket/brace to the corresponding
> closing
> bracket/brace within Emacs?

Try forward-sexp and backward-sexp! Key bindings already exist ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Stau ist nur hinten blöd, vorne geht's!

* Re: Jumping to brackets
@ 2006-11-25 11:15   ` sven.bretfeld
From: sven.bretfeld @ 2006-11-25 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you all very much.

Am Samstag, 25. November 2006 11:20 schrieben Sie: