* Re: file modified on opening
@ 2006-06-28 16:43 Mickey Ferguson
From: Mickey Ferguson @ 2006-06-28 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

>I'm using a mmm-mode for HTML and PHP files (mixing html-helper-mode,
>php-mode, css-mode, etc.). When I open some files, they are marked as
>modifed ("**" in status bar), even if I just view them from Dired. Of
>course, the content isn't really modified.

Is there any chance that something that your .emacs is doing is causing
the butter to be modified?  One example I can think of is if you
automatically enter and exit picture-mode.  A buffer that has any
trailing spaces at the end of a line will then be modified by trimming
the trailing spaces.  Now this is only one possible example, but I would
comment out everything in your .emacs, and then add back in, piece by
piece, until you might find a cause that way.

* file modified on opening
@ 2006-06-25 17:56 François Gannaz
From: François Gannaz @ 2006-06-25 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm using a mmm-mode for HTML and PHP files (mixing html-helper-mode,
php-mode, css-mode, etc.). When I open some files, they are marked as
modifed ("**" in status bar), even if I just view them from Dired. Of
course, the content isn't really modified.

There is no visible error, so I can't use debug-on-error. Does anyone
know how I could trace down this annoying behaviour?

I tried to hide the symptoms:
(add-hook 'mmm-mode-hook '(lambda () (set-buffer-modified-p nil)))
but it didn't work.

Thanks
--
François

GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
of 2006-06-16 on excelsior, modified by Debian