* command history when using shell in emacs
@ 2006-06-02 23:07 mitball
From: mitball @ 2006-06-02 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know how to grab previous commands when using the shell inside
emacs (M-x shell).  I'm talking about how in the regular shell window (like
xterm), you can hit the "up" or "down" arrow to access the previous
commands.  Is that possible when you use the shell in emacs?  I am using
tcsh btw.

Thanks.
Sent from the Emacs - Help forum at Nabble.com.

* Re: command history when using shell in emacs
@ 2006-06-02 23:21 ` Cameron Desautels
From: Cameron Desautels @ 2006-06-02 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 04:07:40PM -0700, mitball wrote:

> Does anyone know how to grab previous commands when using the shell inside
> emacs (M-x shell).  I'm talking about how in the regular shell window (like
> xterm), you can hit the "up" or "down" arrow to access the previous
> commands.  Is that possible when you use the shell in emacs?  I am using
> tcsh btw.

M-p and M-n.

--
Cameron Desautels <cam@apt2324.com>

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered
mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live,
and too rare to die."
    --Hunter S. Thompson