* 2-key prefix and Invalid Prefix keys in sequence
@ 2005-03-05  3:38 Tim Johnson
       [not found] ` <mailman.2729.1110078204.32256.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Tim Johnson @ 2005-03-05  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello:
I'd like to map out a series of 3-key commands, with
control-c control-; as the prefix.
Initially I am attempting the following:
(global-set-key [(control \c\;) (b)] 'isearch-forward)
;; evaluation gives me the "Invalid Prefix Keys in sequence"
;; error message
1)How can I make this simple sequence work?
2)There is extensive info docs on keymapping, and I've seen
   it briefly, but can't find it again. :-( What's the command
   to get to it?
3)And the *bigger* picture is: I ultimately want to set up a
   global (or local) keymap with a 2-key prefix (such as C-c C-;).
   I've found numerous examples of how to *add* a key to an existing
   keymap, but no examples of how to create a new keymap and
   new prefix key.

All help and pointers to docs are greatly appreciated.
TIA
tim