* table.el problem
@ 2004-10-07 18:46 Sebastian Luque
From: Sebastian Luque @ 2004-10-07 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear List,

I've recently begun using table.el (version 1.5.54, bundled in
emacs-goodies-el 24.6-2) in my Debian box. The problem is that whenever I
insert a table, characters get inserted backwards in any cell. Has anybody
experienced this?

Sebastian

* Re: table.el problem
@ 2004-10-07 18:55 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2004-10-07 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sebastian Luque <sluque@mun.ca> writes:

> Dear List,
>
> I've recently begun using table.el (version 1.5.54, bundled in
> emacs-goodies-el 24.6-2) in my Debian box. The problem is that whenever I
> insert a table, characters get inserted backwards in any cell. Has anybody
> experienced this?
>
> Sebastian

Nope.  How about some verbose examples that we can try...

Walk us through what you are doing, so we can do the same thing and see what
happens.

* Re: table.el problem
@ 2004-10-07 19:20   ` Sebastian Luque
       [not found]     ` <mailman.2005.1097178236.2017.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Sebastian Luque @ 2004-10-07 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, October 7, 2004 13:55 -0500, J. David Boyd wrote:
> Nope.  How about some verbose examples that we can try...
>
> Walk us through what you are doing, so we can do the same thing and see
> what happens.

Ok, first of all, making sure that emacs-goodies-el is installed, and that
(require 'table) is in .emacs, type M-x insert-table. Answer the questions
regarding cell width/height, and number of columns/rows. Now try inserting
some text into cells. In my case, characters get inserted backwards. I
haven't customized anything in that package. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Sebastian

* Re: table.el problem
@ 2004-10-07 19:31   ` Sebastian Luque
From: Sebastian Luque @ 2004-10-07 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

In my previous message (quoted below) I meant M-x table-insert. Sorry.

Sebastian

@ 2004-10-07 19:38     ` J. David Boyd
       [not found]     ` <mailman.2005.1097178236.2017.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: J. David Boyd @ 2004-10-07 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sebastian Luque <sluque@mun.ca> writes:

> On Thu, October 7, 2004 13:55 -0500, J. David Boyd wrote:
> > Nope.  How about some verbose examples that we can try...
> >
> > Walk us through what you are doing, so we can do the same thing and see
> > what happens.
>
> Ok, first of all, making sure that emacs-goodies-el is installed, and that
> (require 'table) is in .emacs, type M-x insert-table. Answer the questions
> regarding cell width/height, and number of columns/rows. Now try inserting
> some text into cells. In my case, characters get inserted backwards. I
> haven't customized anything in that package. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Sebastian

Where can I get emacs-goodies.el?  I have table.el, and it works fine
stand-alone.  I can get emacs-goodies and try it then.

Dave

* Re: table.el problem
       [not found]     ` <mailman.2005.1097178236.2017.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-10-07 19:53       ` Juhapekka Tolvanen
From: Juhapekka Tolvanen @ 2004-10-07 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

dave@adboyd.com (J. David Boyd) writes:

> Sebastian Luque <sluque@mun.ca> writes:

>> Ok, first of all, making sure that emacs-goodies-el is installed, and that
(Clip)
> Where can I get emacs-goodies.el?  I have table.el, and it works fine
> stand-alone.  I can get emacs-goodies and try it then.

Nowhere. He said "emacs-goodies-el", not "emacs-goodies.el".
emacs-goodies-el is a Debian package full of usefull elisp-packages for
emacsen. table.el is included in that package.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"kummaan paikkaan itsesi karkotit, syyttä syyllisten seuduille. raskaisiin