Hi: When editing a PHP file, the '{' curly brace positions itself as indicated below. class Log { function log( $msg ) ...{ ...} } the dots (.) are for indicating the spaces. The following indentation style is what I would like to see. class Log { function log( $msg ) { } } I have spent sometime looking at the .emacs file, indentation options and other mails on the mailing list. I have been able to setup CCmode for C, C++ and Java, however this just beats me. What options should I place in my php-hook-function ? I will appreciate suggestions to solve this problem. thanks Saifi. Ps. please see the attached .emacs file __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time. http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html