* Tramp using plink - password not recognized
@ 2002-09-10 16:31 andrew
From: andrew @ 2002-09-10 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm having some problems getting connected using Tramp 2.0.15 and
plink.

I'm running  the windows port of emacs version 21.2.1 under win 2k

Below is the output from the debug buffer.

I can get plink to work in a command window  but  when I try through
emacs, I am prompted for the password 4 times  before the connection
process fails

Looking up host "99.99.999.999"
Connecting to 99.99.999.999 port 22
Server version: SSH-2.0-2.3.1 F-SECURE SSH
We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY-Release-0.52
Using SSH protocol version 2
Doing Diffie-Hellman key exchange
Host key fingerprint is:
ssh-dss 1024 56:0d:58:a6:fb:7c:af:10:a3:7e:56:3f:72:b5:71:84
oracle@99.99.999.999's password:

No supported authentication methods left to try!
No supported authentications offered. Disconnecting
Remote process exit code unavailable

I had slightly better luck with an older version of tramp in that  the
password was accepted but  the remote login script  then prompted for
input of a variable which caused some problems - that is when I
switched to the latest version of tramp which gives me the results
mentioned above.

Any help appreciated

Thankyou

[parent not found: <mailman.1031681588.10704.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]