* scroll backtrace
@ 2008-10-16  4:59 moueza
From: moueza @ 2008-10-16  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hi,
When my I've opened 2 files,in 2 frames:if I scroll the first one until the
end or beginning, then in the other frame,the second file is  hidden by the
"Backtrace" buffer:
 scroll-up()
  byte-code("\300 \210\202  " [scroll-up] 1)
  mwheel-scroll((double-mouse-5 (#<window 3 on *Customize Group: Scrolling*>
982 (458 . 139) 136690598 nil 982 (45 . 5) nil (458 . 56) (10 . 15)) 2))
  call-interactively(mwheel-scroll)

And in options, neither
"Enter debugger on error"
nor "Enter debugger on Quit " are checked

So how can I prevent this backtrace buffer to occur and hide my file and
interrupting me in my work?

* Re: scroll backtrace
@ 2008-10-16  8:59 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-10-16  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: moueza; +Cc: Help-gnu-emacs

Am 16.10.2008 um 06:59 schrieb moueza:

> So how can I prevent this backtrace buffer to occur and hide my
> file and
> interrupting me in my work?

Your customisation probably is faulty. I am working regularly with a
setup like yours, and I never hit this error when scrolling too much.
You could examine GNU Emacs's behaviour when you launch it without
system and/or user init files, i.e., with the options "--no-init-
file" ( or -q) resp. "--no-site-file" – does the same error occur
here? Then the other init file is faulty. Does it still occur when
you launch GNU Emacs with both options, i.e., no init file at all?
Then you've found a bug!

--
Greetings

   Pete