From: Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE>
Subject: Re: What's wrong with this elisp code?
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 13:27:53 +0200	[thread overview]

Am 04.08.2006 um 12:56 schrieb ken:

> This is the only instance of "(defvar diary-entries-list)" in the
> entire
> subdirectory.  Could this variable be declared some other way, other
> than an explicit "defvar"?

No, there is without any clause a defvar instance in diary-lib.el.

> Another person who responded said he's thinking that this variable is
> only declared within functions, so not available for my use.

I can't tell. I do not programme so much in Elisp. Could be the
author or the maintainer of calendar can help more. Have you read the
*info* node on Calendar?

> In an earlier email you mentioned emacs find.  If that would help in
> this situation, could you point me to documentation of it.  I'd be
> more
> than willing to give that a try.

The "grep-find" command (sorry that I did not give the right name
before!) in GNU Emacs is a young feature. It it in CVS versions of
GNU Emacs, could be in 21.4 also, but I do not have it. It does a
"find . -type f" with a grep for some argument(s) in the found files,
output is put into a buffer with hypertext features, i.e. clicking on
the file names opens them in another buffer. I ran this command
yesterday and found diary-entries-list in diary-lib.el. And this
seems to be the origin.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Ce qui été compris n'existe plus.    (Paul Eluard)