* Flyspell and mouse-2
@ 2008-09-26  9:46 CJHoughton
From: CJHoughton @ 2008-09-26  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

I am sure that there is an obvious way to find this out that I am missing
and I am sorry if that is true but it is driving me crazy; how do you open
the list of suggested spellings in flyspell-mode without using the mouse, at
the moment mouse-2 on the incorrect word does this.

Thanks a million, Conor

* Re: Flyspell and mouse-2
@ 2008-09-26 16:56 ` Nikolaj Schumacher
From: Nikolaj Schumacher @ 2008-09-26 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CJHoughton; +Cc: Help-gnu-emacs

CJHoughton <houghton@maths.tcd.ie> wrote:

> how do you open the list of suggested spellings in flyspell-mode
> without using the mouse, at the moment mouse-2 on the incorrect word
> does this.

`flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word'?

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher

* Re: Flyspell and mouse-2
       [not found] <mailman.20000.1222437149.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-09-26 17:48 ` harven
From: harven @ 2008-09-26 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

CJHoughton <houghton@maths.tcd.ie> writes:

> I am sure that there is an obvious way to find this out that I am missing
> and I am sorry if that is true but it is driving me crazy; how do you open
> the list of suggested spellings in flyspell-mode without using the mouse, at
> the moment mouse-2 on the incorrect word does this.
>
> Thanks a million, Conor

You are probably looking for the M-x flyspell-auto-correct-word command,
which is bound by default to M-TAB.

M-TAB is not a very good shortcut, since it is often intercepted by
the window-manager. So, let us assume that the command has been bound
to F4 by putting the following in your init-file:

(global-set-key (kbd "<f4>") 'flyspell-auto-correct-word)

Press F4 one time to correct the word under the cursor ; if several
spellings are possible, they appear in the minibuffer. Now just keep
hitting F4 ; this will replace the word under the cursor with the
successive suggestions.

You may also want to look at the command
flyspell-auto-correct-previous-word, which is not bound by default.

Note that there is also the ispell utility, which is called with
M-$, if it is installed. The different suggestions are numbered
at the top of the window ; you choose one by typing the right number.
If there are a lot of suggestions, this may be faster than the
flyspell cycling.

* Re: Flyspell and mouse-2
@ 2008-09-27  0:47 ` CJHoughton
From: CJHoughton @ 2008-09-27  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

How dumb am I; I should of thought just to use ispell rather than trying to
produce the alternatives within flyspell.

Thanks a million

Conor