* Question regarding GDB/GUD/Speedbar as part of Gnu Emacs
@ 2009-04-23  8:23 Erik Bleckhorns
From: Erik Bleckhorns @ 2009-04-23  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there any way to have GUD/GDB/Speedbar show char arrays, e.g. char
mystring [10] in the same way as a char* - and not as separate leaves?

I have a number of character strings (in structs) which sometimes are up to
1024 bytes in length, and displaying them as Watch expression (in Speedbar)
as a vertical list of chars is somewhat inconveniate.

Preferrable if I can still get other arrays, e.g. int myints [10], to still
be displayed as a vertical list.

I've Googled for a while but can't find the best approach to accomplishing
this.

Regards,

Erik Bleckhorns

* Question regarding GDB/GUD/Speedbar as part of Gnu Emacs
@ 2009-04-24 11:25 ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2009-04-24 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Bleckhorns; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Erik Bleckhorns writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Is there any way to have GUD/GDB/Speedbar show char arrays, e.g. char
 > mystring [10] in the same way as a char* - and not as separate leaves?

In GUD buffer:

 C-u C-c C-w

In minibuffer:

Name of variable: (char*)mystring