* w32 <---ReflexionX---> Sun;  How do I make ALT-TAB work locally?
@ 2005-02-21 21:01 Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2005-02-21 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

this one's for a friend in need.  I quote:

"If I run emacs on the Sun with the display on Windows (using ReflectionX as
the Xserver) everything is fine, except that Emacs intercepts the ALT-TAB
sequence, which I use to switch between windows.  Is there a way to tell Emacs
to ignore Alt-TAB (but not other ALT key usage) and allow Windows to do its
normal stuff.   I can tell the Xserver not to pass *any* ALT key presses to
Emacs but that is clearly not helpful."

I've already perused .../etc/PROBLEMS and the Emacs FAQ (21.3 vintage), but
haven't found anything useful.

I don't know much about X, but it sounds like Emacs's keyboard settings
are getting sent down the cable to the terminal program on MS-Windows,
which then directs w32 to forward the ALT-TAB key sequence to Emacs.

Would somebody help, please?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter

* Re: w32 <---ReflexionX---> Sun; How do I make ALT-TAB work locally?
@ 2005-02-22  5:27 ` rgb
From: rgb @ 2005-02-22  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there a way to tell Emacs
> to ignore Alt-TAB (but not other ALT key usage) and allow Windows to
do its
> normal stuff.   I can tell the Xserver not to pass *any* ALT key
presses to
> Emacs but that is clearly not helpful."

Knowing nothing about ReflexionX this may not be useful but XP Remote
Desktop does something quite similar and the decision of which keys to
pass to the remote host is controlled entirely on the local machine
via a Local Recources tab in the Remote Desktop Connection dialog.