* [OT] Create RTF with Emacs?
@ 2005-01-17  9:30 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2005-01-17  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry for this off-topic post, but I was hoping that like-minded
people would give better suggestions ;-)

I'm part of a workflow based on MS Word documents.  Luckily, I get to
create the MS Word document that should be processed by others.  I
have a template.doc file that I copy and then fill in.

So I was hoping that the recipients will be fine with an RTF file, or
that I could use OpenOffice to convert *.rtf into *.doc.

I guess for Emacs users the right approach is to use some kind of
markup language.  Do you have some suggestions?

The requirements for formatting are: the resulting RTF file should
look very similar to the template MS Word document I've got.  The most
difficult part of the layout is probably the table at the top.  Other
that that, I will be fine with bold and italics and perhaps also
indented paragraphs.  It would be nice if I could insert some text in
another color, to provide annotations/remarks.

There is latex2rtf, there are surely some DocBook tools, but do they
provide access to the layout.

tia,
Kai